There are so many delicious uses for cheese. Sometimes it can be a major player in a dish as in the case of grilled cheese or macaroni and cheese but often it is a subtle addition that makes a dish go from simple to delicious very quickly. At Keller’s we carry a huge selection of cheese from all around the world. They range from traditional favorites to hard to find imported cheese. We are big on selection but small and personal when you need attention! Our goal is to make shopping fun, always mindful that our customers, like us, are real families on budgets who want the best quality available at an honest value.
Colby Longhorn Cheese is on sale this week for $5.49/lb and I am going to give you six easy dinner ideas that you can use with this delicious cheese.
1. Cheeseburgers. Colby Longhorn is the perfect addition to a Keller’s hamburger simply melt it on top while you cook the meat.
2. Quesadillas or Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. I am pretty sure that my husband lived only on Quesadillas before he met me and grilled cheese sandwiches were one of my favorite foods during my pregnancy.
3. Macaroni and Cheese. I love to make mac and cheese in my crock pot. Shred 3 cups of Colby longhorn cheese mix it with 1tsp powdered mustard, 1tsp salt, 1tsp pepper, 4oz of cream cheese, ½ cup sour cream, ½ cup mayonnaise, and 2 cups of al dente macaroni. Pour a can of evaporated milk on top and cook on low for 2.5 hours stirring once when it is halfway done. Lightly sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs just before you serve it.
4. Burritos. Breakfast burritos are a staple at our house and cheese (along with chili) is one of the main ingredients
5. Tacos or Fajitas. Colby Longhorn is a delicious side to serve with tacos or fajitas. Keller’s ground beef is perfect for tacos and chicken thighs or skirt steak make delicious fajitas. Serve with tortillas (or taco shells), lettuce, sour cream, salsa, bell peppers and onions for a complete and delicious meal.
6. Enchiladas or Casseroles. Instead of using shredded cheese on my enchiladas or casseroles I like to put cheese slices on top. This is easier because I don’t have to spend time shredding the cheese and it ensures that the cheesy topping is thick and even.
What are your favorite uses for Colby Longhorn Cheese? Comment below and let me know.